The world's highest bar serves the sexiest martinis under the stars
It's considered the world's highest open air bar. And it is insanely cool. Bangkok, Thailiand's Sky Bar is a post-modern, glowing bar...
It's considered the world's highest open air bar. And it is insanely cool.
Bangkok, Thailiand's Sky Bar is a post-modern, glowing bar that sits over 820 feet high. The bar itself is a multi-hued LED island that changes color every 90 seconds. Renowned mixologist Ron Ramirez serves up delectable cocktails by innovating Thailand's cocktail culture with concoctions that take three forms: "Mist, Dust, and Icicle." Each is "designed to enhance the senses." The cast of The Hangover Part II were frequent drinkers during their time filming in Thailand, and the Hangovertini is now Thailand's signature drink.
As the highest bar in the world, Sky Bar is the perfect place to enjoy a nightcap under the stars.
Here are a few of the accolades that Sky Bar has received worldwide:
- 2014: Harper's Bazaar, UK – Sky Bar is named one of "the world's best rooftop bars"
- 2013: The New York Times, US – Sky Bar is listed in "36 Hours in Bangkok" and named "the most stunning rooftop bar you’ll ever see"
- 2013: The New York Times, US – Sky Bar is named one of the "46 places to go in 2013"
- 2013: The Guardian, UK – Sky Bar is listed under world’s best rooftop bars: reader's travel tips
- 2013: The Telegraph, UK –Sky Bar is listed under stylish hotel bars around the world
- 2011: The Hospitality Asia Platinum Awards 2011-2013 – Sky Bar with the HAPA Entertainment Outlet of the Year: HAPA Best 10 in Asia – Platinum Winner
I wanna get drunk here. So badly.
This was originally written for Roadtrippers, a great resource for anyone interested in travel.
Want more articles by Tatiana Danger? Find them here!